Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Change of Scenery

It's been a while since my last post, but life got pretty crazy there for a bit. With 6 finals, packing to move for clinical, a friend moving to Arkansas, and saying goodbye to friends and family, I had quite a lot on my plate! Did I mention 6 finals?! In hindsight, everything went pretty well. I only made one "B" in wound care, but in my mind it was an "A". Come on, a 92% is an "A" in my book all day. Yet, my GPA says otherwise. Oh well, life goes on!

Now I am all settled in here in Springfield, MO. This past week was my first week of CE II(clinical education rotation 2) and so far so good! I love my CI and am excited to learn from her. She isn't much older than me, and I feel I can learn from her without feeling incompetent when I don't know all the answers. Everyone at the hospital has been really nice so far. From what i've seen, Springfield in general is a very nice area! I'm looking forward to the next 7 weeks!

While here, I am living with my aunt and uncle, who just moved here earlier this year. God's timing is amazing isn't it?! I've always been told I act just like my aunt, so much that I should be her daughter, and this past week we have found this to be Oh So true! Fun times and deep conversations have already been had and I'm sure there are many more to come. It's not to hard to have fun when you get pleasure out of the little things, duster slippers with a little dancing music to name one. ;-) Also, I've enjoyed to advice and life lessons i've received so far. Though sometimes the truth hurts, sometimes it's exactly what you need to hear! I can't wait to look back on this time and be thankful for all the advice I've been given! Week One lesson from Uncle Ron when speaking about a boy maybe/maybe not liking me, he says, "Have you ever seen the movie 'He's Just Not That Into You"' And though that hurts, it's just the plain truth. We sometimes fall for people that aren't there to catch us. In time, we can get back up, pick up our pride, and move on to bigger and better things. Until then, there's always my aunt trying to fix me up. =)

But really, I want to spend this time having 'Laura time' and get some things checked off my to-do list. Learning to play the piano, learning Spanish, painting, reading, and training for a 5K to name a few. That's all for now. I'm excited to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment