Monday, August 2, 2010

Mom's Birthday Weekend

This weekend we were able to celebrate my mom, Jennifer Jacks, turning 48! On friday evening, she chose to eat at Chef Lee's, a new hibachi restaurant in Pine Bluff. This was my parent's first hibachi experience and we all enjoyed getting to eat together. Below is a picture of my family: Leah, Dad, Me, Bo, and Mom, outside Chef Lee's. It was so good and we were stuffed at this point! Mamaw and Papaw also ate dinner with us, but they somehow escaped before we could get them in the picture.



My sister and I had a photo shoot on the way home from the restaurant


Mom trying to blow out all 48 candles. I think it took 4 breaths, and it set of the fire alarm! Hope that wish wasn't very important. Also, according to Bo, this is the last year that she can buy enough candles for $1. Candles are 2 for a $1, with 24 per box. Next year, 3 boxes!


My beautiful mom.



On Saturday, mom wanted to go to the lake for her birthday. So, our family, along with the Richardson's (family friends) and their church group, headed to Lake Degray for the day. Despite a minor delay on the way, the day was wonderful! I think we just ran out of gas, but all the men were thinking we had a fuel filter or fuel pump issue. Luckily, after putting in more gas, the truck was able to crank and we were back in business! Once at the lake, it was noon and we all met up on a rock bank for a picnic lunch. Then, we spent the afternoon tubing, skiing, knee-boarding, and wakeboarding. During all that, we took plenty of breaks to soak up some rays and watch the kiddos jump off cliffs. This pic is of my mom showing us all how to ski. Not bad for a 48 year old! Overall, we had a great day and weekend celebrating my wonderful mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment