Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

It is always good to go home (which I've been doing a LOT here lately) but it's always a blessing to spend a weekend with the whole family, celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ!

On Saturday Mom and I spent the day together. We worked on Leah's shower invitations, went for a HOT 3-mile walk, and made a trip to Star City for a couple things: Fuqua's and Flowers! At Fuqua's, Bo, Brandon, and Mom watched on as I put my order in for a graduation ring from Bo: a pearl and diamond ring! Then Bo and Brandon went for milkshakes as mom and I headed to the flower store to stock up on flowers for mom's pots. On a strict time constraint, we headed back to Woodlawn to drop mom off and then Brandon and I headed to Fordyce to have dinner with Dewayne and Katie Dillard. We enjoyed the dinner, but even more-so the "catching-up" and our tour of Camden.

On Easter morning, we all headed to church and enjoyed a very wonderful Easter service. The church was packed out and I can truly say that the message was proclaimed, through song and word!

Afterward, we headed home and all joyfully ;) took a few Easter pictures.

My favorite family pic

Brandon looking cool in his shades

Dusty and Leah after Church


Left: Brandon being a really good sport
Right: what Brandon really thinks about taking pictures



We enjoyed a feast prepared by Mom, Bo, and Mamaw of: dressing, ham, beans, hashbrown casserole, homemade rolls, pudding, and strawberries and shortcake. Afterwards we sat around the table and chatted for a bit before cleaning up the mess.

Later in the afternoon, I potted all of the flowers that we purchased on Saturday. They all looked very pretty and Mom and I were both very pleased. Also a product of Sunday afternoon, Mom, Leah, and I got out in the deercamp shed and began making room for our "stuff". The way it was, all of our belongings wouldn't have fit, but after reorganizing and trashing/donating several items, there is plenty of space! After this, Brandon and I washed our vehicles quickly before heading back to church! At church, Bro Mike had all the men sing a special (Amazing Grace) and everyone at my church is starting to realize how wonderful of a singer Brandon is...

Whew! What a busy, but very productive and wonderful weekend. It's the small moments that will matter most in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment