Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Race for the Cure

Wow! After coming home from Springfield, I got busy and haven't slowed down since! I'm so far behind with my updates, so I'll try to give a brief overview to get everyone caught up.

On October 16, 2010 two of my best friends, Amber and Nicki, ran together in what was my first 5k (3.1 miles)! We've done the race each year, but we've always walked it. This year, we've been training and working up to the big race.


It is always overwhelming to see the huge crowds of people that gather in downtown Little Rock to support the Race for the Cure. This year the LR race was the 3rd largest in the nation with over 35,000 women "racing for the cure"!


This is after completing the race! We were grabbing for water and pizza as soon as we crossed the finish line, but we made it! I know this isn't a very far distance, but you have to start somewhere. We decided this will have to become an annual tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment