Monday, January 10, 2011

*Christmas Day*

After all the decorating, shopping, and present-wrapping, Christmas morning finally arrived! We had a very busy day planned: Opening presents at our house, Christmas lunch with the Jacks' family at Aunt Mary's, and finally Christmas night at Papaw Leonard's! Whew!

To start the day, Mamaw, Papaw, and Bo arrived to witness the opening of the presents, as they do each and every year. After presents, we all enjoy eating Bo's breakfast casserole and playing with our new "toys". This year, I also had gifts for each of them to open.

Our Christmas tree with WAY to many presents under it!

Leah and I were up and ready to open gifts! I decided to sport my onesie that I purchased for my class Christmas party. :)

My couch full of presents! I got WAY to much for Christmas!!! My mom goes all out and I am beyond blessed to have such a wonderful family. My favorite gift was the picture frame quote she made Leah and I that said: "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" -Christopher Robin to Pooh

Leah and all her gifts! She also got a lot of presents, but hers were heavily hunting related...go figure! ;) She got the pink bow target, a duck gun, and a pink duck call!

Mom and Dad holding the painting I made for them. It says: The Jacks Family, established 1982, with the verse: "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord". It also has our four names on the branches of the tree. I am not a pro by any means, but I like making things for people that are all my own. The GOOD news is, next year I will have a JOB and can actually buy presents for people with my own money!!

I am also very blessed to have such a loving and wonderful grandmother, Sylvia Morgan (aka Bo) I wanted to make something for her that matched her living room, and I also knew she likes birds, so this is what I came up with. I also like the quote I found: "You don't choose your family, they are God's gift to you, as you are to them".

And last but not least, this is Papaw and Mamaw holding the painting I made for their living room. It says: "The Jacks Family, established 1953" They really liked it and I hope they enjoy it in their home.

Overall, we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas morning, and we all received WAY too many gifts!

After breakfast, we all hurried to get ready to head to Aunt Mary and Uncle Bobby Parker's for Christmas lunch. I was also very glad that Bo joined us this year! We had WAY too much food and enjoyed grazing the entire time we were there! After lunch, we enjoyed a fun game of dirty Santa! I got the Bath and Body works lotion I was hoping to get! The only one disappointed was dad, who received size small ladies house shoes, but he was able to trade them off later on for a filet knife from Papaw. It was SO good to see everyone and spend time together on this special day.

After lunch, we went home for a bit and had time to put away some of our presents. Before too long though, it was time to head to Star City for Christmas night at Papaw Leonard and Mrs. Wanda's. They had also cooked a delicious meal of ham, dip, and pies galore! After supper we enjoyed sitting around the living room and talking, as well as opening our presents of course! We all got gift cards to Dillards, which are always the perfect gift! I think this year I'll be smart like Leah and save it for a new bathingsuit or summer clothes!

As you can see, we had a very busy, but VERY blessed 2010 Christmas spent with those that mean the most! I can only hope for this much for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment