Monday, January 10, 2011

Trip to the Sugar Bowl

So, I had quite an eventful Christmas break to say the least. First I should explain how I met the wonderful, Brandon Lyon. No matter what plans you make, you should never underestimate fate. On a cold, early December morning, my sister and Dusty were out on just another duck hunt. Little did they know what would come of their hunt that morning. When arriving for the hunt that morning, Brandon saw Leah get out of the car, and thought to himself, "Man, not a girl hunting with us!". Little did he know that she is a hardcore duckhunter that can keep up with any of the boys! SO, not far into the morning, Leah says, "Hey, you're tall, are you dating anyone?" I'm not sure where the conversation went from there but I'm pretty sure he thought my sister was crazy! Long story short, he added me as a friend on facebook and we started talking. Not much later, he invited me to dinner and the rest is history! We have a lot in common and really enjoy spending time together, so we'll see where this takes us! So far, it took us to the SUGAR BOWL!!! =) Brandon had extra tickets, so he invited me to come along with him, his mom, and his aunt and uncle to make the trip down to New Orleans, LA. We left on Tuesday morning, the day of the sugar bowl and made the drive down. When we arrived, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the superdome!

This is Brandon and I standing in front of the Superdome!

This is the line waiting to get in the Superdome (2 hours before the game mind you!) All of the fans were pumped and calling those hogs every chance they got!
Still waiting to go in the game!

This is during the National Anthem sang by Darius Rucker!

We had GREAT seats and really enjoyed the game, even though it was a tough loss.. We really came back and gave them a run for their money, but in the end we had too many dropped passes, sacks, and errors. Even after the blocked punt, we still could have made it a storybook ending, but the interception was the last straw. The fans were incredible, and every time we were on a roll the entire Superdome was erupting for the HOGS! It was still a very good game, but it would have been SO much better had we won!

The next morning we ate at Cracker Barrel before making the drive home. We all had a really good time, and I'm so glad I accepted the invitation to go!

1 comment:

  1. Love it LJ. And I love you!!! And I guess you are not in LR if you are updating your blog. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete