Thursday, January 27, 2011

25th Birthday

Wow! For starters, I am one blessed young lady. My family and friends really went above and beyond to make my birthday very special this year!

To kick everything off, Brandon had planned to come to Little Rock on Friday when I got off work to take me out to dinner and a movie. Due to the fact that he is a terrible liar, I really suspected that something was up... For starters, he told me he was giving me my birthday present that night! SO, as we were getting ready to leave, we were discussing which movie to see. It was then that he handed me his phone to show me the e-mail receipt for the 2 Jason Alean/Eric Church concert tickets!! I was so happy, (even if I wasn't all that surprised)! He is such a thoughtful and caring guy!
The view from our seats of Mr. Jason Aldean singing

After dinner at my favorite restaurant, Carino's, we headed to Alltel Arena. It was when we began walking down to our seats that I realized we were on the 6TH ROW, right next to the stage!! WOW, what a birthday present! We both really enjoyed ourselves and the concert was great! Both Eric Church and Jason Aldean did an incredible job. I loved singing along to the songs and swaying to the music next to the sweetest guy in the arena. =)
This is on our way out, so we could beat the traffic! What a fun night!


The next night, I celebrated with my family. My family, Mamaw, Papaw, Bo, Brandon, and Dusty were all there to celebrate. Brandon and Dusty grilled burgers and we all enjoyed eating them along with the chips and salsa that Leah made. For dessert, Mamaw brought 2 pies: coconut and pecan, and Leah had made me a birthday cookie cake! So, after dinner had settled for a bit, it was time to light the candles... As Leah lit them, she felt the need to share that it now took two boxes to fit my age on the cake, and I stated that maybe it was time to get the numbered candles, a #2 and a #5. Well, Leah got them all lit and everyone began to sing...
As it was time to blow out the candles, I leaned toward the cake, made my wish, and began to blow them out...
In a split second everyone's faces went into shock, and the next thing I knew, Brandon was messing with my hair. When everyone could finally speak, they shared that my hair had gotten a little close to the candles and quickly went up in a flame. As a gut reaction, Brandon had grabbed the flame and quickly put it out before I even knew what was going on!
Wow, what a close call!!! Thanks to him, only a few tips fell out, and the candle-blowing resumed. How's that for my "golden" birthday?! Mom quickly stated that from now on we will be using the # candles instead of so many! After everyone calmed down from the near catastrophe, we all enjoyed the desserts.

Next, it was time to open gifts. From mom and dad I got a sewing machine storage case, a calender from Compassion International, 2 Tyler candles, a Scentsy "fleur de lis" warmer and several scented waxes for it, the Love Comes Softly movie collections, and a small framed verse with Micah 6:8. Mamaw and Papaw gave me money and Bo gave me a very cute Precious Moments figurine called, "Pretty as a Picture". I loved every single gift! They all know me VERY well.
After dinner we enjoyed playing cards and visiting. Later on, Ashley and Chris stopped by on their way home to give me my gift. They gave me a cute scarf and thank-you cards, and 2 blank canvases to paint. Their gift was really thoughtful and I am so thankful to have such good friends that know me so well!

SO, finally the BIG DAY arrived...and very early! I had to be at my clinical at 6:30, which meant waking up at 5! But thanks to my sweet roommates, I woke up to the following..
"Happy Birthday" signs lining my path to the kitchen to start my coffee..

And these on my mirror while I was getting ready! They had snuck
in my room while I was asleep to put them up! They are SO sweet!

My day at the clinic went along rather uneventful... My CI, Sheila, had me a sweet card that the other two PTs had signed. Thankfully, the work day went by fast, and I was looking forward to a fun night that Leah and Tasha had planned: movie and dinner! Little did I know, (actually, I kinda did b/c he's a terrible liar) Mr. Brandon Lyon was at my door with flowers ready to welcome me home and join in on the night's festivities! =)
My flowers were SO pretty! I love Gerber Daisies!

I think we make a pretty cute couple!

The four of of: Tasha, Leah, Brandon, and I went to the new Conway movie theater and saw the movie, "The Dilemma". It was a romantic comedy and we all really liked it and laughed it alot! This was my first movie in the new theater and I was very impressed! After the movie we headed over to TGIFriday's to meet Jill and Dane for dinner. I'm so thankful for my friends and we enjoyed a very tasty supper and catching up on the latest happenings! SINCE it was my birthday, they had the wait staff sing me "happy birthday", and I got a very yummy birthday ice cream! (to go along with my vanilla bean cheesecake)
It was SO good!

We had a brief photoshoot outside TGIFriday's to capture the end of a great day!
Love my sister. She is always there for me no matter what, and
she really worked hard to make my birthday special!

Jill and I! I'm SO glad that she and Dane were able to come! Our other PT friends are scattered all over right now for clinicals...

Group shot in front of TGIFriday's!

I'm SO thankful for everyone that helped make my birthday so special. This was definitely a day to remember. I am blessed beyond belief!

No comments:

Post a Comment