Tuesday, January 11, 2011

*Snow Day*


Well, as I sit here and wait on the verdict, figured I might as well write an entry... I returned to Conway on Sunday in very unsafe conditions. The snow wasn't suppose to come until late Sunday evening, but when the church doors were opened after service, it was already coming down hard! So, once we got home, I packed up my things as quickly as possible and loaded my car. After eating lunch, airing my tires, and saying my goodbyes, I headed off in the snowy weather. It was so pretty and was quickly accumulating! Despite being pretty though, it really had the roads in a mess!! What normally takes me an hour-and-a-half took 2.5 hours! During the drive I saw at least 27 cars in the ditch or wrecked! I personally was almost in a wreck in the heart of Little Rock! The truck in front of me lost control and did a 360, then slid back toward me in slow motion.... by the time we both stopped sliding we were nearly facing each other, only inches apart!!!! AHHH! Thankfully, thank you Jesus, I made it back to Conway safe and sound. When I got into Conway, it had barely started snowing, but it quickly caught up with the rest of Arkansas over the next few hours! After a brief and slippery trip to Walmart, Tasha and I decided we better stay put!

Excited about the SNOW on Sunday night!

On Monday, I got lots of things checked off my to-do list! I got everything put away, including all the Christmas decorations. Tasha and I rented 4 redbox movies and we also enjoyed watching the Bachelor.
The back deck on Monday!

Now, on Tuesday morning, I am still waiting to hear the plans for the day. My CI was suppose to let me know around 7 whether or not she was going to brave the roads, and I still haven't heard anything. OH well....I guess it was good practice at getting back into a morning routine. Even had a practice cup of coffee! AND strangely enough, Leah will be glad to know I get in maid of honor, creative mode and found lots of cute wedding ideas on etsy.com :) Yet, had I known I wouldn't be starting clinical until Wednesday, I probably would've stayed home! According to the pictures I missed out on some good tube sledding and snowman building! But, on the bright side, I've gotten a LOT done.

SO, I guess I will be starting clinicals tomorrow... It feels weird to be in Conway and not around friends. With Nicki in Minnesota and Amber in Salt Lake City this will be a weird 10 weeks. We truly are on the home stretch! This will surely be a year of change: graduation, taking the NPTE, saying goodbye to friends, finding a job, finding a place to live, finally receiving a paycheck, WHEW!!! Lots to look forward to. That's all for now. I'm thankful for a snow day so I have time to reflect and prepare for what's to come. God Bless.

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment