Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

After a fun weekend in Fayetteville, I then got to celebrate my birthday with my family on January 25 (Tuesday night) after work. My family went all out as always and kicked a huge birthday dinner of turkey nuggets, mashed potatoes, and several vegggies. My sister made my favorite cake, cookie cake! This year's party was much less exciting than last year, when I set my hair on fire... As you can see, my family opted for the "2" "6" candles, rather than using 26 candles... A true sign that you are getting old! From my family I mostly received money (which was perfect for my upcoming dallas trip) and several very sweet cards. From my sweet husband I was completely surprised when I opened my new Iphone 4!!! I had no idea! He is so thoughtful!

Most importantly though, I enjoyed the time spent with family. It is this that I will treasure the most.
Posing with my cake


DALLAS TRIP
To wrap up my birthday celebrations, it was time to head to Dallas for a long-needed, much-anticipated trip to reunite with my best friends. I took day off work and met up with Nicki in Hope, AR. Then we headed toward Dallas, but stopped for lunch in Texarkana. We then made the rest of the drive and enjoyed every minute to catch up on lost time. Once we made it to Dallas, we found Amber's apartment and then headed out for some shopping until Amber got off work. We found a scrub store near Amber's work where we shopped a little and met up with Amber. Once she arrived, we headed back to her apartment and enjoyed some much-needed girl time!

Friday night we headed out for a little shopping at the mall and ate dinner at P.F. Chang's, YUM! After dinner, we stopped by the grocery store for popcorn and ice cream, and then enjoyed a night in for more girl talk.

Saturday morning we awoke early and got ready for a day of shopping! But before heading out we snapped a few best friend pics!
Oh how I've missed these girls!

Nicki and I with the beautiful view of downtown Dallas in the background

Amber and I

After a long day of shopping (we found some awesome deals), we headed to the nail salon and enjoyed some pampering thanks to Amber! Following this we did a little more shopping at the mall before heading back and freshening up for dinner. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then headed out on the town for some fun and dancing!
Action shot!

It really doesn't matter what happens when us girls get together, we always have fun! Sunday morning we slept in and then Nicki and I headed back to Arkansas. No length of time would have been enough to catch up for lost time, but we enjoyed every second. It is true that best friends can live hours apart, but pick up right where they left off the second they get together! Hopefully there will be many more girl weekends to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment