Friday, February 17, 2012

Our First Christmas

Brandon and I are extremely blessed! I am going to try and do better keeping up with this blog, but for now I'm still playing catch up...

The Christmas season began with getting up the tree... or in my case, all four trees! Bo and I spent a day in Little Rock for her birthday and I bought several Christmas decorations to go with those I already had and those we received as wedding gifts.
The tree in our bedroom was red and gold with antique snowflakes made by my great-grandmothers.

My Peacock tree in the guest room...by far my favorite!

Brandon's favorite, the Razorback tree!

And the largest of all, our main tree in the living room! This tree was also a favorite..it was brown, red, and gold with a few rustic ornaments we purchased on our honeymoon at the Apple Tree Mall

After all the shopping, wrapping, and preparations were made, Christmas time finally arrived. The biggest difference this year was the lack of vacation time....This year Christmas Eve was on Saturday and Christmas on Sunday, so I only got one day off work, Monday, as opposed to my usual 3 weeks! Anyhow, in the short time we had, we had a very Merry and blessed Christmas!

Christmas Eve we at lunch with the Jacks' family in Glendale, enjoying a huge meal and a fun game of dirty santa. That afternoon and evening we spent with my immediate family at my parent's home. We had another nice meal before opening our bajillion presents.. Christmas was definitely different this year, as it is both Leah and I's first married Christmas, but we enjoyed the family time that we had!

Mamaw and Papaw

Bo

Mom with all her gifts

Brandon and dad with all their gifts

Dusty behind all his gifts..mom went overboard!

Papaw and I (during his chemo and radiation treatments)

My sweet hubby and I

Christmas morning Brandon and I exchanged gifts before heading to church. Brandon got me a large upright jewelry case, a Northface coat, and a Pandora bracelet. I gave Brandon a new Putter, shirt, camo tervis tumbler, columbia vest, and lost but not least, a Playstation football game. I have come to regret the last gift, as Brandon continues to enjoy this gift quite often even months after Christmas..

Christmas day Brandon, Mrs. Kathy, and I all exchanged gifts prior to heading to Camden to spend Christmas day with Brandon's dad, Paul Patterson.

All in all we had a very blessed Christmas with family time and most importantly, time in God's house to celebrate the birth of his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment