Sunday, February 12, 2012

Showers of Blessings

Well, once again I have fallen behind on my blog, and this time for months! Since my last brief posts, my life has completely changed, for the good! I married my dream man, Brandon Lyon, on October 29, 2011 and life has finally settled down a bit into my new "normal". Before giving an update on my life, I first want to back-track and highlight my memories over the last few months.

Prior to the wedding Brandon and I were blessed beyond belief by all the gifts, notes, and encouragement we received. We had five showers in all:
1. First Methodist in Monticello was my first shower and it seemed that the gifts would never end! This group of people really showed an outpouring of love that was overwhelming!

2.The Jacks' Family shower was at Aunt Mary and Uncle Bobby's house on the night of a Razorback football game. We enjoyed watching the game and opened presents at half-time. I sure have a sweet sweet family that gifted us with many of our dishes, silverware, and other kitchen items.

3. Brandon's family shower was at Q&Y in Monticello. We enjoyed a good lunch and then opened presents. We received several household items, such as a push-mower, garden hoses, and television. We were also very gifted with cards, money, and gift cards.

4. Our Razorback Shower was at the home of in Monticello on the golf course. This was more of a back-porch gathering where we enjoyed seafood that was catered by Cowboy's. We also received some very nice gifts, including a razorback door hanger and several razorback items.

5. Center Church shower was another big one! I have been a member and faithful attendee of this church since 1998 and have made many wonderful relationships in those years. The people there are so sweet and gifted us tremendously with anything from towels to decor for our new home.
With the mothers

With the grandmother's

I really enjoyed the table!

Showered with gifts!


6. My Bachelorette Weekend was in Hot Springs at Nicki's new home. Upon arriving we had snacks before heading out to do some shopping at the mall and other stores. After shopping we had pizza and opened gifts along with some fun games. I got lots of very pretty lingerie. These girls all know me well! After eating and relaxing for a bit, we got ready to head out on the town. All in all, I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for, and I just enjoyed spending time with them!
Katie, Me, and Nicki

The group (minus Angela and Amanda who had to leave early): Lindsy, Amber, Katie, Me, Nicki, and Christa


Following the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Layne's in Star City, my bridesmaid's and I stayed at The Trotter House in Monticello. We stayed in two separate rooms but spent lots of quality girl-time together. The morning of the wedding we all got ready and enjoyed breakfast in the dining room before heading to the church to make final preparations for the BIG day! =)
At the Trotter House after breakfast: Nicki, Me, Leah, Katie, Amber, and Amanda. I sure love these girls. I consider each and every one of them my best friends and wouldn't be the girl I am without the impact they've each had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment