Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentine's Day

My husband started Valentine's Day by saying, "Now Laura, I'm not sending flowers to your work so don't be upset". However, from previous similar statements, this basically meant that I could expect some flowers! woohooo!.......or not. Valentine's Day was a beautiful day this year. I was working at Sesame School that day, so I enjoyed seeing all the kids excited about their parties. Later when I headed back to the clinic and walked in, I prepared myself to not receive flowers so I wouldn't be let down.... And there were none. No big deal. After the rest of the work day I finished my paperwork and prepared to head home. When I looked at my phone while walking out the door, I saw a message from my sweet husband that said to call on my way home. After considering not calling, but rather surprising him by my arrival (which is what happened with the big proposal) I decided to call. Minutes later I arrived home to the perfect valentine's day treat...... First I heard the romantic music playing... A few more steps and I noticed the beautifully set table.

Following salad and dinner, Brandon brought out dessert!
YES..that is a Ding-Dong and a sliced strawberry, but the combination actually tasted wonderful! And the fact that he came up with all this on his own says alot..

Following dinner we exchanged gifts. I had made him a basket of goodies that included some popcorn, movies, and few other things. Once I opened my gift, I loved the three charms he had gotten for my Pandora bracelet: A rose that will never die, a bible since I'm attempting to read through it this year, and the hearts for Valentine's day.
The three on the left were the new additions

Last but not least, Brandon led me to what we were using for storage....a long-term project that had not been completed. The big surprise was the new vanity, light fixture, and lotion/bath bubble set. The even BIGGER surprise was the the plumber was coming the next day and then my bathroom would be READY! YAY! What a perfect present and surprise! All in all we had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and my husband went all out to make me feel very special and loved.
presents on Valentine's Day


And this is my bathroom all complete! It has been wonderful finally having my very own bathroom and I love my husband for making it happen!
Custom shower curtain I made to accomodate extra tall people like myself

Trying to get a pic of it all, but it is a small space

No comments:

Post a Comment