Friday, February 17, 2012

Razorback Weekend

I don't believe I've ever heard my husband as excited as he was the day he called to tell me the news... When he finally caught his breath, he shared that he had won 4 tickets to see the razorbacks play at Bud Walton Arena. Though we already had my birthday plans, we were able to shift things around and plan a fun get-a-way weekend.

On Friday after work, Brandon and I, along with Caleb and Janet Lane, loaded up my car and headed north. We didn't make it far before we stopped for dinner in Pine Bluff at Chef Lee's. After that we only stopped once more before arriving in Fayetteville and checking in the hotel for a good night's sleep.

The next morning we awoke early so we could enjoy some time in Fayetteville prior to the game. We had breakfast at Chick-fil-a (my pick!) and then enjoyed some shopping at the mall, Bed,bath, and beyond (also my pick!), and Petco before heading to Bud Walton. Once we found a parking spot, we headed to the arena to find our seats. The game was very exciting, especially since I was the only one that had ever been to a basketball game! Even more, the hogs played awesome and held the lead throughout the entire game, even though it got down to the wire in the last seconds. Also, it was the perfect game for Brandon because it was recruitment weekend and the football team was presented with their Cotton Bowl trophy at halftime.

Our View of the court

My sweet husband and I

Janet and Caleb

Group Pic! Laura, Brandon, Caleb, and Janet

Hogs WIN!!! It came down to the wire, but they held onto the win until the last second!

Following the game, we hit the road back to south Arkansas. To my luck (once again) we stopped to "go to the bathroom" at hobby lobby. Luckily, once we got the boys in the store they enjoyed looking around just as much as Janet and I!! After hobby lobby we headed across the street for some Shake's, which topped off a perfect weekend spent with friends, enjoyed a Razorback win. It doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment